NOTE: This position can be located in any of the following cities/markets:
- Knoxville, Memphis, Nashville
The Workforce Planning Manager will oversee the operational execution of our workforce management strategy across the Customer Experience Group enterprise by leading a team of analysts. This role will work closely with management to understand the motivation behind our allocation of resources between our supported groups. They will also assist in the implementation of solutions that fully leverage our existing personnel, exceed customer experience and service expectations, and minimize costs in support of our corporate strategy. He/She will be expected to provide contact center resource requirements for consumer, fraud back office, card, and business support units.
The leader works across all contact center budget cost centers to meet financial goals. This a critical role that works on financial analysis and develops the strategy to align operational goals to the fish bone targets. The modeling and decision making of the leader is essential to meet monthly and annual budget goals. He/she also participates in estimates costs required for staffing new initiatives and merger activities.
We are looking for a seasoned workforce planning professional who understands the Omni-channel experience. The leader has experience scheduling phone, email, social media, chat, and various digital solutions. This individual is a strategic thinker who will also provide technology solutions to improve the associate, customer and shareholder satisfaction.
The role will report to the Head of Contact Center Operations and will work with the leader to resource banking professionals to provide the best experience at the right channel for our customers.
Workforce Industry Awareness:
- Provides accurate models that enables management to make decisions regarding hiring, attrition and shift bids.
- Assists management in the development of robust workforce planning capabilities
- Maintains an awareness of trends within the workforce management industry
- Participates in conferences and forums to ensure that departmental practices meet or exceed best-in-class standards
- Understands how to realign resources as needed.
- Delivers regular updates to management on progress towards identified goals and makes recommendations on the proper courses of action
- Maintains and trains team members on requisite knowledge within the workforce management space
- Meets regularly with the team to ensure that projects remain on track and that financial goals are achieved
- Works closely with supported business partners to make sure that each team member provides a differentiated level of customer service to each area
- Maintains top-box levels of morale and employee satisfaction and provides opportunities for employees to grow and expand their knowledge base
- Ensures that short-term activity forecasts for each area are completed accurate and timely
- Develops calculated long-term forecasts to guide management in resource allotments and allocations
- Maintains agent schedules that align with customer demand and management goals
- Manages paid and unpaid time off programs
Reporting/Analytics & Financial Planning:
- Aligns budget to staffing plans
- Partners with finance managers to ensure each department in the organization is meeting financial targets for the fish bone.
- Ensure that business decisions are modified to align with financial budgets
- Participates in the financial planning process
- Makes recommendation to improve our workforce planning scorecards
- Provides key daily, weekly, and monthly reports in support of management objectives
- Provides regular strategic updates on key projects as requested/needed
- Alerts management to emerging trends, and makes recommendations to address these trends
- Assists in the agent (and department) performance management process
Supports our Culture:
- Actively seeks to promote our First Power Culture
- Engages in building strong relationships across the Customer Experience Group enterprise
- Fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment
Position requires a Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent in work experience) with a minimum of 10 years of experience in workforce management and 7 years of supervisory experience
MBA a plus
- Experience of 10+ years workforce management, 5+ years of supervisory experience and a familiarity with NICE applications (or similar WFM platform)
Required knowledge skills and abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint required; other data tools (Tableau, Access, etc.) preferred
- Knowledge of SharePoint preferred, but not required
- Must be an effective communicator and willing to present regularly to management teams
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective teams, both directly and indirectly
- Must be self-motivated and able to progress toward goals with limited supervision or guidance
- Must possess the ability to follow-through on commitments
- Must be an advocate for the team and have a focus on developing each team member
- Must have a positive outlook and be willing to learn, grow, and adapt
NOTE: This position can be located in either Knoxville or Memphis.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)