Salary will be between $14.00 to $16.00 per hour (based on experience) - full time 37.5 hours per week plus benefits
Easterseals Florida is looking for a dynamic individual to work as a Vocational Skills Instructor in our Naples location to provide training and develop and implement creative instruction to adults with intellectual disabilities in the areas of production work, including community inclusion, job training, vocational skill acquisition, daily living skills, life-enrichment activities and other skills needed to develop independence, work and self-advocacy skills. Program participants gain real world experiences daily that focus on life, employability, and community skills. The Vocational Skills Instructor will ensure that program participants' vocational goals are attained, reported and tracked in accordance with their individual program plans.
What we value:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED with at least one year of experience working with people with disabilities
- An equivalent combination of education from accredited college or university and experience as described above will be considered
- Experience working with persons with disabilities on job skills training self-advocacy training, or daily living skills training, as well as assisting with personal needs such as monitoring behaviors, is preferred
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Ability to meet our approved driver qualifications in order to drive our vehicles, as required to drive for program related business
- An energetic creative and professional individual who will portray and promote a positive, respectful, and team-based environment
Easterseals Florida is an AA/EEO employer and Drug Free Workplace (DFWP).