Participate in all functions of the Vendor Management Process for indirect procurement activities including, but not limited to, ordering hardware and software, and managing renewals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support external audits of hardware and software assets as required.
- Organize and analyze information to establish an accurate and complete summary of licensing costs.
- Identify savings opportunities for software purchases, renewals, areas of rationalization.
- Perform ongoing review of software agreements to comply with renewal timeframes and term notices.
- Maintain software license repository improving the quality and reliability of the data.
- Create Purchase PREQ’s, PO’s, Receipts in SAP, and manage vendor invoices.
- Review orders for completeness, accuracy and compliance with existing policies and ensure all purchasing procedures and guidelines are followed.
- Demonstrate a continual effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively with other departments to provide a quality and seamless operation.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3 + years of practical experience preferred.
- SAP background is a plus.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel skills required.
- Excellent judgment, highly discrete and able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Conceptual knowledge and understanding of Information Technology.
- Interpret licensing terms and conditions and product use rights for software publishers (e.g. Microsoft, Oracle, Adobe).
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in written or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based upon job requirements.
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above. Ability to communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management. Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.