UNIT SECRETARY/6th Floor/North Naples Campus
26033 - 6th Floor North Naples
6:45a-7:15p w/every other weekend
High school diploma or GED required
The Unit Secretary position provides a vital link in the chain of Quality of Care, communicating and scheduling the physician orders, relaying patients' requests and needs to the nursing and ancillary staff. The Unit Secretary maintains the non-clinical aspects of the nursing unit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Other duties may be assigned.
• Facilitates and coordinates physician orders, enters all appropriate nursing orders into PowerChart and maintains paper chart order.
• Maintains supplies, prepares reports and maintains unit records under the direction of the charge nurse or department manager.
• Assists and prioritizes non-clinical aspects of admission, discharges and transfers of patient, including hospital-to-hospital transfers via ground transport, helicopter and air ambulance.
• Maintains patient records by entering data according to the Healthcare System's policy and procedures, preserving confidentiality, checking for deficiencies, and providing forms as necessary. Assesses all forms making sure all are signed and complete (labeled correctly)
• Answers patient call lights promptly and courteously, notifying the appropriate care giver of the patient needs. Possesses the ability to prioritize patient requests and communicate them to the appropriate resource.
• Receives physicians, visitors, and ancillary staff, assisting them when possible, including referring them to other departments or units within the NCH Healthcare system.
• Performs errands as necessary, including obtaining and returning supplies to Central Supply, Pharmacy, Lab, Dietary, etc.
• Demonstrates basic knowledge of patients currently on unit.
• Demonstrates polite and courteous phone etiquette with ability to clearly communicate with others.
• Restock supplies in the department as needed.
• Demonstrates effective organizational skills and ability to multitask.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS-
• Minimum of High School or GED required.