Fidelio Cruise Ship Tier 3 / Sustaining Engineering Duties
·As a member of the software sustaining engineering division, He /She will apply primarily to intermediate knowledge of software architecture to perform software development Fidelio Cruise Ship SPMS and FMS tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications.
·Access to the highest technical resources available for problem resolution.
·Able to duplicate customers issues and define root causes, using product designs, code, or specifications.
·Focus on what happens after the software is released, i.e., support, bug fixing, enhancements.
·While part of the duties as the Highest level of customers supper also, playing Sustaining engineering role, should and looking at the overall defect trends to help identify areas needing to redevelop.
The focus should be not just to fix bugs and Tier 3 support as they come in but to be the conduit back into engineering to mitigate needless calls from customers.
·implementing hot-fixes for released products, and handling customer service issues that the tech-support guys can't resolve on their own.
·Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
·Provide internal and external (customer) support for questions and escalations of complex technical issues and code defects.
·Ability to quickly and efficiently detect software code changes that negatively impact our product.
·Serve as an intermediate between level 1/2 support and development team, reviewing software codes to identify the source of defects and providing root cause analysis.
• Acquire and share technical skills and knowledge with colleagues.
• Interact frequently between the consultant team, and developments team and providing constructive feedback about the bug tickets updates and escalation priority.
• Retrofitting PCI DSS and security patches.
Education and experience background:
• BS in Computer Science, IT, Software Engineering or equivalent.
• Must have hospitality operation background preferred in the Cruise ship industry.
• Minimum 5 years of proven working experience in hospitality software engineering or support experience.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills
• Familiar with Oracle WebLogic
• Good understanding of RDBMS.
• Experience in Fidelio cruises ship software models SPMS/ FMS.
• Crystal reports experience.
• Java knowledge.
• Experience with MS SQL and/ or Oracle.
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized.
• Strong verbal and written communication, good listening, and Interpersonal skills.
• Able to work independently and efficiently.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a fundamental knowledge of various PC MS Windows clients, Windows Active Directory, LAN/ WAN requirements, and PCI DSS.