We are seeking a Sterilization Technician to join our Dental office in Bonita Springs, FL. We are looking for candidates who exemplify our Core Values of Honesty, Respect, Teamwork, Professionalism, Confidentiality, and Quality of Care. Begin your new career today!
Performs under the direct supervision of the Dental Office Manager. No independent judgment is exercised and emphasis is placed on instruction and training. Employee must demonstrate a willingness to progress to a Dental Assistant I with on the job training and formalized Dental Education.
DETAILED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for the cleaning and sterilization of dental instruments based on OSHA requirements.
· Understand all OSHA requirements for infection control procedures.
· Maintain monthly log of instrument updates including MSDS sheets.
· Prepare instrument trays and operatories.
· Willingness to learn dental terminology.
· Take and record patient blood pressure, pulse, respiration, case history and oral temperature.
· Answer telephone and schedule appointments.
· Retrieve records from medical records department, completing encounter dailies.
· Utilize electronic oral health record system to enter, retrieve and document patient information accurately and efficiently.
· Stock dental supplies.
· Assists with all front desk duties.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma, GED or equivalent training and experience.
· Some experience in a dental office preferred.
· Willing to progress to Dental Assistant I through formal education.
· Good manual and finger dexterity.
· Willingness to learn dental records and electronic oral health record system.
· CPR certification preferred.
· Some knowledge of dental terminology preferred.
· Good customer relations and professional appearance.
· Ability to perform multiple tasks.
Family Health Centers of SWFL is dedicated to being a role model for our community. We are a DRUG / ALCOHOL / NICOTINE FREE Workplace. WE DO NOT HIRE DRUG OR NICOTINE USERS.