Sales Producer – Private Client Insurance
Brown & Brown of Southwest Florida’s Naples office is growing and seeking an exceptional individual with proven discipline, drive, and commitment to join our team as Sales Producer for our Personal Lines – Private Client Division. The hired individual is responsible for developing new account relationships and maintaining those relationships as long as they continue to meet the criteria set by the department leader. It is also a significant part of this position to project the most professional image of you and the agency at all times. Sales Producers are our public ambassadors. There is always a focus on excellent customer service and the profitability of the business to the agency.
No Prior Insurance Experience is Required! Seeking successful track record and the innate drive to succeed!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Each Personal Lines Producer must be effective in prospecting for new business contacts and establishing confidence with the decision makers.
- Must create and enhance new client relationships by designing insurance programs and implementing customer service schedules, matching prospective new clients’ needs with the agency’s products and services.
- Must have a working knowledge and abide by the underwriting guidelines of each insurance carrier.
- Complete applications, supplements, new business questionnaires, renewal questionnaires, insurance coverage review and other paperwork required by agency.
- Establish renewal strategy, reviewing designated renewal lists in the prescribed time frames and acting on behalf of the client and agency to update information required to secure accurate renewal quotes, including the completion of renewal questionnaires and coverage review at renewal, recommending coverage upgrades when indicated.
- Take all necessary steps required to train new clients with respect to the service team responsibilities so that the service staff can perform their assignments most efficiently.
- Allow the service staff to fulfill their mission, but be prepared to become involved when issues arise that jeopardize the client agency relationship.
- Document all conversations pertaining to client or prospect files with insureds, carriers and/or other interested parties in the agency management system.
- It is essential to maintain a pleasant and helpful attitude in dealing with clients, insurance carriers and your coworkers.
- Work honestly with the underwriters and provide requested information on a timely basis.
- Always be aware of the “whole picture” on a client’s account. AVOID GAPS IN COVERAGE. If gaps in coverage are identified, communicate and document these gaps to the client.
- Maintain knowledge of current legal and social conditions that may impact the adequacy of policy coverages and limits for our clients.
- Ensure that actions protect the Agency from claims of liability for errors or omissions and that all tasks are professionally performed.
- Perform all other assignments as required.
- 1+ years’ B2C or B2B Successful Sales Experience highly preferred
- Exceptional and polished verbal, written, and oral communication skills
- Experience cold calling and developing leads highly preferred
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- High School Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred
- 2-20 Florida P&C License, or ability to obtain within 60 days of employment
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, self-managing, strong work ethic
- Capable of maintaining long-term relationships with clients
- Persistent desire to succeed
- Valid Driver’s License, daytime travel involved
- Bilingual Spanish a PLUS!
- This position requires routine or periodic travel which may require the teammate to drive their own vehicle or a rental vehicle. Acceptable results of a Motor Vehicle Record report at the time of hire and periodically thereafter, and maintenance of minimum acceptable insurance coverages are a requirement of this position.