Relationship Associate - Wholesale Banking
- Partners with Bankers to proactively grow and maintain all aspects of the client relationship ensuring alignment with Wholesale Banking's deposit gathering strategy. Provides a concierge experience and develops strong relationships with day-to-day contacts. Collaborates with internal partners including Treasury, Private Wealth and Family Asset Management to bring value to the client relationship. Ensures accurate execution of processes and serves as the knowledge center and central point of contact for Know Your Customer (KYC) and other regulatory requirements. Drives data integrity of customer information source systems for accurate management and reporting of the overall client relationship. Manages deposit portfolio, provides account management and problem resolution to assigned high profile/high volume Wholesale Banking clients. Ensures client retention and proactive account management leading to customer satisfaction, retention and additional revenue. Identifies and cross-sells products and services appropriately aligned to clients long-term financial needs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the customer experience for moderately complex relationships from beginning to end regarding client needs or requests including deposit and loan related questions. Follows the Sundown rule for all customer or internal Synovus inquiries. Provides warm transfer for the customer when engaging other departments for assistance.
- Sets client expectations and gauges client satisfaction. Builds relationships with clients through proactive contact including in-person and telephone conversations. Participates in client recognition activities to reinforce who is the primary bank contact for ongoing needs.
- Educates the client on KYC Due Diligence, Beneficial Ownership Certification and other regulatory requirements while facilitating the receipt of paperwork.
- Utilizes reporting to maintain data integrity and ensures compliance with regulatory and company requirements are met.
- Uses project management skills to successfully onboard new clients and partners with Treasury Implementation to deliver a customer centric experience.
- Maintains awareness of Bank products and recognizes opportunities for further discussions with clients. Acts as a liaison between the client and the Loan Administrator.
- Regularly communicates with Bankers and other product partners to keep the team aware of relationship activities. Adds value to the partnership through the utilization of Salesforce for accurate reporting of client contact information, calling, pipeline reporting and closed activity.
- Remains current regarding Treasury products. Reaches out to product partners when a product need has been identified. Engages Product Partners in the event of an elevated issue. Attends Treasury Management reviews and other calls as needed to enhance the relationship.
- Understands risks associated with Treasury products and overdrafts and escalates to appropriate manager. Waives fees (e.g., NSF, Wire) within established authority parameters and department procedures. Monitors client trends in deposit activity obtained through deposit reporting and alerts Banker or primary contact.
- Opens, closes and maintains accounts. Updates Signature Card and Corporate Resolutions as needed due to customer changes or changes resulting from new regulations (e.g., beneficial owner form control prong or added due diligence). Reviews account documents for accuracy and obtains all information to work toward minimal technical exceptions.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Marketing, Communications or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three (3) years of banking experience including opening business accounts and resolving complex customer concerns.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent analytical, time management and organizational skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of treasury management services
- Knowledge of KYC
- Ability to communicate effectively with potential, new, and established client groups
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Client Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Synovus Bank systems utilized for customer support (e.g., deposit systems, PFP, insite)
- Knowledge of Synovus Bank policies, products and services with emphasis on commercial depository services
- Experience using Salesforce
- Relationship Banker experience