Full Job Description
Weekend: None / Not Applicable
Essential Job Accountabilities:
The Radiology Assistant is responsible for assisting with all aspects of diagnostic imaging under the direction of a licensed provider.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full understanding of HIS, RIS, PACS, to include ordering, monitoring worklists, and completing exams in Cerner Millennium.
- Preparing the PACS with prior exams from offsite storage or outside CD’s and acquiring outside films when necessary, as well as any and all related prior reports.
- Full understanding of maintaining exams in PACS, including editing, copying, and restoring from archive.
- Burn CD’s or film cases and route them to the proper physicians as needed.
- Transports patients to and from patient care area/waiting room to the Radiology Department.
- Complies with safety requirements and resolves problems relating to the delivery of patients, supplies, and equipment.
- Using sterile techniques to load the injector with the proper dose and amount of IV solutions.
- Aids the Technologist in all aspects of patient care. Ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the patient’s needs.
- Answers phone and phone messages. Routes callers appropriately or provides information requested.
- Scans paperwork when appropriate to include physician orders, consent, and history forms. Routes paperwork to appropriate technologist and/or physician.
- Understands proper positioning of patient on table and transferring patients to and from exam table.
- Interviews patients for history, obtains patient signature when applicable, explains exams and assists patients.
- Identifies all patients using two patient identifiers (name and birth date).
- Collecting and documenting patient history including current medications, allergies, symptoms, height, weight, blood pressure, etc.
- Makes pre-procedure and post-procedure calls to patients as needed.
- Full understanding of scheduling and rescheduling exams.
- Obtains physicians orders as needed for patient exams and procedures.
- Adheres to Universal Precautions and maintains Radiation Safety by using personal protective devices and proper shielding adhering to federal and state guidelines.
- Follows safety protocols and policies.
- Maintains proper stock of medical supplies and linens.
- Full understanding of all radiologist dictation validation systems and processes to request addendums and reviews.
Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Minimum of High School or GED required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS Provider) certification with American Heart Association or become certified within six months of employment required.
NCH Healthcare System