Quality Data Analyst NCH ACO
High school diploma or GED required
Essential Job Accountabilities:
The Quality Data Analyst will deliver data analytics used to shape improvement in quality of care and patient safety throughout the hospital system. The Analyst will work as part of the Quality Improvement team to collect, process, integrate, analyse and present data in meaningful and user friendly displays. The Analyst will provide tools, descriptions, answers and guidance for projects to improve clinical quality, patient safety and quality impacts to our financial performance. Manages and meets reporting deadlines for assigned deliverables and ad hoc reports. Ensures accurate and valid reporting as well as the usability of systems. Serves as an intermediary among project participants. The ideal candidate would combine the ability to carry out the full range of activities that would provide valid and useful data analyses with the technical skills needed to produce and manage data independently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst to collect, analyze and produce accurate, timely financial, quality and satisfaction data, scorecards, reports and presentations for the organization, board committees, senior leaders, directors, etc. and provide support for analytical projects.
- Works with Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst to evaluate and prioritize requests for ad-hoc reports and maintains deadlines of production schedules as needed. Performs other quality improvement data duties as requested.
- Displays intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel (macros, pivot tables), determines the appropriate output for the results - charts vs. tables - and required detail level and prepares an appropriate, accurate presentation.
- Accesses, exports and manipulates data from several data sources as outlined for a specific purpose from data sources such as EPSi, SMS, Cerner, Premier, Teletracking, HDM, AcuStaf etc. Develops solutions to data requests and data mining based on the understanding of the data from disparate sources. Works with Sr. Business Intelligence to produce data across data sources to produce comprehensive reports highlighting trends and patterns appropriate for the subject being analyzed.
- Maintains processes and ad-hoc queries in Access and/or SQL Server for importing and exporting data among relational databases and with other software (e.g., Excel).
- Maintains databases and other data systems to support the departmentâ€™s work. Assembles and integrates data from available sources.
- Collaborates internally and with other departments to improve data validity and accuracy.
- Maintains standards for access, documentation, data retention, and reporting and data confidentiality.
- Collaborates with other departments to achieve and maintain compliance with licensing and accrediting agency standards.
- Maintains methods for optimizing database reliability and validity.
- Understands the principles and concepts of Performance Improvement. Looks for opportunities and solutions for process improvements and seeks to improve job skills.
- Continues professional growth and development within IT and/or Analytics; keeping up with new developments in the fields of health care, researching new data sources and analytical tools, and contributing to improvements in delivery and presentation.
Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- High School Diploma required. Associateâ€™s Degree preferred.
- Proficient in PC-based applications such as MS Office.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills utilizing word processing, spreadsheets including graphs and pivot tables.
- Basic understanding (or willingness to learn) computer databases and relationships among data systems.
- Familiarity of medical terminology, clinical diagnosis, and procedures generally acquired through education and/or experience in healthcare related environment preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to interface and negotiate with physicians, office staff, care management staff, nursing staff, ancillary staff, vendors, outside customers, insurance companies, and government agencies.