Prepares, compiles, organizes and reviews mortgage loan files ensuring accuracy of data and adherence to underwriting standards. Completes all required pre-close steps and submits clear and accurate loan documentation files within established time frames. Ensures appropriate procedures are followed while meeting production goals and objectives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritizes and maintains a quality pipeline of mortgage files to facilitate residential mortgage loan closings. Reviews pipeline reports to ensure that service level agreements and standards for communication with originators are met.
- Works closely with loan origination staff and outside sources to gather and organize credit and collateral information needed to document mortgage loan files for appropriate product type.
- Reviews files to verify that application data is complete and meets established standards, including type and amount of mortgage, borrower income, assets, liabilities and length of employment.
- Analyzes, reconciles, and submits loan packages to underwriting for conditional review and full approval once conditions are met and validated. Assists with any post-closing or conditions issues.
- Ensures integrity of all data and process inputs. Maintains excellent customer service standards with both internal and external customers. May adapt procedures, processes and techniques to meet the requirements of the function.
- Works closely with insurance agencies, realtors, closing agents and borrowers to schedule closings.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.