Patient Services Specialist
Founded in 1984, Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute is the largest independent medical oncology/hematology practice in the United States. With over 200 physicians, based in 100+ locations across Florida, we are committed to providing world-class cancer care in community-based settings close to home.
- Our 3000+ team members enjoy:
- Work/Life balance – many locations have no weekend and/or night shift hours
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- CEU hours
- 401(k) with company match
Our clinic in Naples, Florida (Naples West) is searching for a PATIENT SERVICES SPECIALIST to join our team!
Clinic schedule: Monday - Friday - 8:00a-5:00p or may vary as needed.
Will handle most clerical duties associated with a medical clinic including:
- Scheduling new and follow-up patient appointments.
- Check in patients as they arrive, verify information, collect co-payments, verify demographic information.
- Answer calls promptly and retrieve messages.
- Schedule follow-up appointments for clinic and/or outside testing.
- Collect co-payments.
- Assemble all new patient and hospital follow-up charts.
- Distribute faxes promptly. Checks server periodically for new faxes.
- Reviews schedule and checks for all tests and/or referrals ordered from doctor.
- Checks in chart and electronic medical record (EMR) for documents.
- Completes medical records.
- Experience in the healthcare field working as a medical receptionist is highly preferred.
- Attention to detail with strong ability to multitask.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Previous experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) is preferred.