Operating Room North Naples
Weekend: Occasional Weekend Shifts
Req # 51994
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS
- Essential Job Accountabilities:
- The Operating Room Technician Lead provides leadership as clinical expert and coordinates all aspects of the assigned service line specialty. Includes collaboration between staff, physicians and functions in the surgical scrub role for operative and invasive procedures and performs all related duties as assigned and may assist in circulating duties under RN supervision. OR Technician Lead works under the direction of the Nurse Director and/or the OR Supervisor/Charge Nurse. In the lead role, they will perform one or more special assignments to maintain specialty service and oversee training of new OR Technicians. In the role as OR Technician Lead they will perform one or more special assignments to maintain specialty service. They will submit one or more customer service or expense reduction initiatives annually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates with the surgical team members in planning and implementing complex procedures under the direction of the Nurse Director.
- Maintains asepsis in surgical suite. Observes all members of surgical team for breaks in technique.
- Tracks implants and handles equipment per manufactures guidelines.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce waste and expense.
- Efficiently uses time in setting up and turning over room.
- Has the ability to scrub all cases in all services efficiently.
- Provides troubleshooting of equipment and provides support to all types of procedures.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of OR/Surgical equipment and its utilization within the peri-operative setting.
- Demonstrates flexibility with assignments to benefit, entice or flow.
- Demonstrates effective teaching skills with good communication and standards of behavior compliance.
- Coordinates and participates in training and precepting of new staff to the scrub role in OR.
- Can demonstrate, educate and measure competency on specialty equipment within service specialty.
- Restocks supplies in the department as needed.
Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Graduate of accredited program for Surgical Technologist.
- National certification or certification eligible.
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers required.
- Minimum 2-3 years experiences as an OR Technician in a specific specialty within the Operating Room.