OR Technician I Obstetrics NN
Full Job Description
Labor and Delivery North Naples
Weekend: Occasional Weekend Shifts
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS
Essential Job Accountabilities:
The Obstetrics OR Technician functions in the surgical scrub role for operative and invasive procedures and performs all related duties as assigned, may assist in circulating duties under RN supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains asepsis in surgical suite. Observes all members of surgical team for breaks in technique.
- Handles equipment per manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce waste and expense.
- Efficiently uses time in setting up and turning over room.
- Always patient and customer focused, anticipates the needs of the surgeon and team members.
- Has the ability to scrub C-Sections, D&C, Abdominal Hysterectomy, and Post-Partum Tubal & Vaginal Deliveries in all services efficiently.
- Demonstrates flexibility with assignments to benefit, entice or flow.
- Restocks supplies in the department as needed.
- Collects, identifies and passes specimens to circulating nurse during a procedure. Collects, labels, and/or delivers specimens to the lab following a procedure, as directed, utilizing universal precautions.
- Transfers instruments to CSR in a timely fashion, while also returning completed instruments to department.
Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Surgical Technologist program.
- Holds a national certification or is certification eligible.
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in a highly skilled acute care of outpatient OR setting.
- Basic Life Support (BLS Provider) certification from American Heart Assoc. required.