POOLCORP is the leading business-to-business wholesale distributor of swimming pool and landscape supplies, equipment, and related outdoor living products. Through our subsidiaries, SCP Distributors LLC, Superior Pool Products LLC, and Horizon Distributors Inc., we operate in more than 350 Sales Centers worldwide, with nearly 3,500 employees proudly serving the needs of customers. Each Sales Center operates as its own business; driving an extraordinary culture that involves a high work ethic, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a community presence all within a family-oriented work atmosphere.
Because it’s a place where you can make an impact and grow! At POOLCORP you’ll find a wealth of management opportunities that support your individual and long-term career goals. Our stable work environment is further enhanced by our generous compensation and benefits package. Publicly traded since 1995, POOLCORP is a global organization with a long history of continuous success - clearly making it an industry leader – in so many ways!
So, end your job search here – at POOLCORP – Where Outdoor Living Comes to Life!
The Operations Manager directs and coordinates activities involved with procuring products for sales and distribution.
- Reviews open sales orders, open purchase orders, open vendor claims, and open transfers.
- Reviews warehouse procedures and ensures proper warehouse safety procedures are followed.
- Consults with regional buyers and/or vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Manages inventory, controls stock outs and reduces excessive inventory.
- Performs cycle counts to prevent inventory shrink.
- Manages freight expense and approves invoices/freight bills for payment.
- Manages Accounts Payable discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Supervises the proper routing, loading and preparing of orders for shipment and delivery in accordance with customer instructions.
- Trains new employees on warehouse and distribution procedures.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Supports sales staff in meeting sales objectives.
- Other non-essential job duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of operations experience in industrial distribution or warehouse environment.
- Operations responsibility for $5-10 Million wholesale warehouse type facility.
- Experience managing a team of 5+ employees.
- Computer skills including MS Office and Inventory Management software.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of industrial product lines such as pool and spa equipment, chemicals, construction materials, plumbing supplies, electrical supplies, HVAC supplies, auto parts, irrigation supplies, or similar industrial tangible goods helpful.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
POOLCORP is a drug-free company and an EOE, M/F/V/D.