As part of the Small Business Lending Center team, provides administrative and operational support for the Bank's small business credit function. Performs required due diligence for various collateral types used to secured loans along with providing bankers a complete loan package that includes any additional documentation or required steps needed to request loan closing documents.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews loan requests and follows due diligence procedures required to determine values of collateral and the Bank's lien position. Determines if additional actions are required to perfect the Bank's lien position or compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Updates loan requests with the results of the due diligence that has been performed including collateral value and lien position. Determines if the request requires additional underwriting based on these results and forwards to the proper team member for completion.
- Coordinates with third party vendors, closing agents, attorneys, insurance agents, etc. to obtain necessary loan closing documentation and to resolve specific exceptions and transactional issues.
- Reviews documentation for declined loans, completes required documentation and provides mailing of regulatory required notifications to customer about declined loan.
- Provides back office customer service support to internal and external customers including completion of systems updates and documentation completion required prior to requesting loan documents. Performs functions using a variety of banking and lending system applications.
- Reviews all loan documents to ensure documentation is approved and in compliance with regulations and company policy; maintains knowledge of current lending policies, procedures and regulations. Stays abreast of variations in laws across state boundaries, if applicable. Attends and completes all necessary training.
- Ensures all required manual and system generated transactions are processed in a timely manner throughout the entire loan workflow process. Monitors the loan process; identifies, reviews, and resolves all delays, rejects or overrides.
- Responsible for applying standard department, regulatory, and loan policies and guidelines. Takes action necessary to resolve basic issues and refers the more complex and questionable problems to senior team members and management for resolution.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Minimum Experience: 2+ years job specific experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience in banking and lending environment, with a minimum of 2 years lending environment experience
- Proficient using Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Ability to learn and become proficient with all department specific databases and systems
- Ability to learn and maintain knowledge of Credit/Loan standard operating policies and procedures, regulatory policies, terminology, methodology and concepts
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to use work flow tool
- Attention to detail for review of loan documentation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills