Humane Society Naples (HSN) is seeking candidates for the position of Mobile Veterinary Clinic Coordinator. This is a unique opportunity to coordinate a program to serve those in our community who may not have access to veterinary care for their beloved companion animals. HSN operates a mobile veterinary clinic created to provide no- or low-cost veterinary services to under-served communities and we're looking for candidates with strong networking and human service skills to help us make program a success.
So what does a Mobile Veterinary Clinic Coordinator do?
This position will serve as liaison between our Community Affairs and Veterinary Departments to ensure successful and efficient mobile veterinary clinic events and operations. Whoever is selected for this amazing opportunity will be responsible for promoting our mobile veterinary services within the community to reach under-served populations, identifying service locations and scheduling mobile clinic events, as well as serving as a client services representative (receptionist) for customers of the mobile veterinary clinic.
Do I need to have an experience working in a veterinary clinic?
Although some veterinary experience or familiarity with medical terminology is an added bonus, it's not absolutely necessary.
What kind of education, skills and experience are you looking for?
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree; non-profit administration, social services, veterinary technology, veterinary social work, or other community- or veterinary-centered field preferred
- At least 3 years of professional experience in non-profit administration, social services, veterinary social work, mobile veterinary clinic management, or provision of other mobile social services required. Significant experience of this nature may be substituted for a college degree
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required; additional conversational skills in Haitian Creole preferred
- Excellent community engagement, networking, and customer service skills
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Compassionate, non-judgmental approach to others in need
- Computer proficient and able to quickly learn new software. Familiarity w/Avimark (veterinary practice software) is an added bonus.
What else should I know about this position?
You'll need to be willing to work around and handle companion animals (mostly dogs and cats) of all sizes and temperaments. You will be asked to drive the mobile clinic to its service locations, so clean driving record and a willingness to learn to operate a large bus-like vehicle is required.
This is a full time job, 5 days per week, usually 8 am - 5 pm with an hour for lunch. You'll get two days off per week, but you may have to work some weekend days or holidays.
- $20/hr firm.
- A generous benefits package that includes
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance at little cost to you. (Full disclosure: While dependent coverage is available, HSN does not contribute to the cost for adding family members to your plans.)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- $25,000 life insurance policy at no cost to you
- Optional enrollment in supplemental insurance plans (disability, accident, etc.)
- Optional enrollment in 403(b) retirement plan; matching contributions after one year of service
- Significant discounts on veterinary and boarding services
Please note before you apply:
Anyone hired in response to this job ad will be required to have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine before their start date, and must complete the vaccination series (if applicable) within their first 30 days of employment, unless an exemption under federal or Florida law applies.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. HSN values diversity and seeks to increase the diversity of our team. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Apply online at https://hsnaples.org/careers