This position is responsible for serving members and guests, maintaining member service control, answering the telephone, answering member questions, and performing various clerical duties.
Greet and serve members and guests
- Meet and greet members (by name) and visitors in a positive and professional manner as a representative of the YMCA; ensures the security of the facility enforcing policy regarding visitors.
- Give membership and program information to walk in and phone customers.
- High knowledge of program information at all times.
- Conduct facility tours as needed
Answer telephones in a prompt courteous manner
- Understand and able to use phone system.
- Provide all needed information on phone messages taken and given to correct individual or forward on voicemail.
Receipt money transactions and program sign-ups
- Member sign up and program registration all done correctly and in a speedy manner.
- Enter receipt information correctly for membership and programs.
- Be accountable for all money collected during your shift.
- Prepare end of shift deposits and reports
Serve as Check-Point person when needed
- Perform facility access control duties by checking member's cards, issuing locker keys and entering visitors in the visitor computer program.
Serve as liaison between members and program supervisors
Handle and solve member complaints
Make Coffee, Keep Member Lounge area tidy
Open and Close facility as appropriate for assigned shift
Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
- Successfully complete State of Florida Criminal History Background Check requirements as well as meet the Association’s policies on background screening
- One to two years prior customer service experience
- Professional appearance and behavior
- Able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Positive attitude
- Must be a self starter, with high energy and a positive attitude
- Adhere to drug/alcohol/smoke free workplace policy
CERTIFICATIONS AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- CPR and First Aid Certifications required
- Completion of YMCA of the USA Child Abuse and Neglect class
- Completion of the YMCA’s Blood Borne Pathogens training
- Additional training classes as recommended by Supervisor
- Excellent verbal and communication skills