Commercial Lines Technical Assistant
The Commercial Lines Technical Assistant is responsible for policy data, processing policies, billing and issuing certain Certificates of Insurance for the Commercial Lines department as stated by agency guidelines, procedures, and will ensure accuracy of new data or existing data input into the automation system. A Commercial Lines Technical Assistant is committed to delivering a consistently impeccable experience.
Experience: (Type of work experience, minimum number of years of each).
Previous customer relations experience preferred. 440 insurance license may be required within 180 days of being in this position.
Special Technical and Administrative Knowledge:
Some understanding of commercial lines coverage's helpful, but not required. Excellent computer skills and the ability to learn agency automation system and other automation/internet programs as required. Proficient in the use of windows based operating system and Microsoft Office products (2010 or above), including Word, Excel and Outlook. Strong typing skills. Effective communication skills (oral, written and telephone), strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to respond to requests effectively and efficiently.
Special Skills and Abilities:
Can accurately copy data from one source to another.
Must have ability to read, understand, and interpret policies and send discrepancies to the Account Manager.
Essential Functions include the following.
- Update coverage information for renewals, new business, and/or endorsements for the Commercial Lines Department as stated by agency guidelines and procedures, and ensures accuracy of new data or existing data input into the automation system within established time frames.
- Process Policies/Policy Checking
- Process incoming renewals and new business by accurately invoicing premiums in accordance with agency accounting procedures, within established time frames.
- Check declaration page for accuracy and notify Account Manager of any errors or deviations to avoid issues involving potential errors and omissions, within established time frames.
- Memo/Activity paperwork and attach to client record in Sagitta and Document Management System, within established time frames.
- Process Certificates of Insurance (as directed)
- Receive and process requests for Certificates of Insurance for Commercial Lines clients from email, fax and telephone requests.
- Issue Certificates of Insurance to Commercial Lines clients in accordance with established procedures and service standards.
- Ensure accuracy of information on Certificates of Insurance.
- Forward completed Certificates of Insurance directly to Commercial Lines clients.
Perform other duties and special projects at AM/Management’s request.
- Participate in seminars and other training for knowledge and development.
- Some training of other employees may be required.
- Provide backup in processing and other areas as assigned.