Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world. Northrop Grumman’s Armament Systems Division based in Mesa, Arizona produces automatic medium caliber gun systems. Northrop Grumman gun systems built for the U.S. and international militaries have been used in all major conflicts since World War II in a variety of applications to include small and large ground vehicles, helicopters, airplanes and naval ships. Responsibilities:
- Prepares, develops and coordinates the integrated master plan and integrated master schedule.
- Ensures projects are horizontally and vertically integrated across functional groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing and quality.
- Supports the organization by managing and coordinating program schedules that support meeting our customer’s goals and expectations.
- Responsible for supporting their respective programs by closely working with the Program Manager(s), Material Program Manager(s) and other key program personnel on schedule requirements.
- Understands overall requirements of the proposal, design, procurement, manufacturing and testing as they apply to specific programs and generate schedules capable of tracking all these activities.
- Responsible for analyzing schedules at least weekly to ensure program requirements are being met.
- Monitors the schedules and reports status to the Program Manager and appropriate IPT leads.
- Helps to prioritize and expedite tasks as necessary to ensure the schedule requirements are fulfilled.
- Schedules must be accurate and maintained from program inception through contract closeout.
- Identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts.
- Utilizes Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management (EVMS) and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to focus on critical areas.
- Coordinate with the Program Manager on financial reports, quarterly EAC’s and all EVMS requirements.
- 2+ years of related experience with a BA or BS degree or 5+ years of equivalent demonstrated experience
- Excellent math and communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Minor domestic travel required. Oversea travel opportunities may exist.
- MBA preferred
- Thorough working knowledge of precedence diagramming scheduling methods, critical path methods, and all aspects of network logic and diagraming
- Thorough understanding of 14-point schedule health and strength assessment tools
- Thorough understanding of EVMS
- Capable of building an IMP/ IMS for large programs with complicated assemblies and multiple locations
- Thorough understanding of Open Plan and Microsoft Project tools
- Thorough understanding of the interface requirements between Open Plan and Cobra
- Thorough understanding of Schedule Risk Analysis
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.