IT Specialist I Service Center
Weekend: Occasional Weekend Shifts
Essential Job Accountabilities:
- Provides support to all end users on a wide variety of hardware and software issues. Evaluates user needs and coordinates with appropriate I.T. personnel when unable to resolve. Maintains incidents for tracking support issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the primary point of contact for clients requiring assistance with desktop, software, and hardware related issues.
- Enters, updates, and resolves incident tickets.
- Provide remote support via telephone/remote control software.
- Troubleshoots issues according to knowledge base articles. Provides notification of knowledge base articles that need to be added, updated, or removed.
- Provide outstanding customer service to our clients and maintain positive relationships with other employees and contractors.
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible, and team-oriented environment, while displaying a problem-solving orientation to issues daily.
- Provide on-call coverage as deemed appropriate by management.
- Flexible to complete any assigned task.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new procedures, processes, technology, and applications.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Exhibit strong communication skills by pro-actively responding to telephone calls, emails, in-person, and automated requests for technical support.
- Identify and escalate production-critical issues to appropriate IT personnel.
- Participates in projects as deemed appropriate by management.
- Participates in Disaster Recovery planning, implementation, and testing.
Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Minimum of a High School diploma/GED.
- Minimum of 1 years of relevant IT or Healthcare experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to solve complex problems in a timely manner.
- Accurate with good attention to detail.
- Ability to work under own initiative / self-motivated.
- Experience working in a large cross-functional team environment.
- Experience with information technology optimization.
- Dexterity to learn new systems and programs rapidly.
- Previous experience in a service center and/or healthcare environment is desired.
- Must have the ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Must understand the following: computer hardware, peripherals, networking, and Active Directory.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Visio).
- Certifications: None required.