Req #: 14583
Herc Rentals Inc. (NYSE: HRI) is an equipment rental firm committed to providing its customers with unparalleled service and expert solutions needed to take on the most demanding jobs.
With more than 50 years of equipment rental expertise, our growing team consists of more than 5,000 employees and 270 company-owned branches. Herc Rentals continues to evolve and grow through technological innovations, expanded product offerings, value-added services and consultative services that support its customers’ construction, industrial, remediation and maintenance projects.
We aspire to be the supplier, employer and investment of choice in our industry, with core values that promote a culture built on honesty, excellence, respect, and commitment.
Herc Rentals is looking for someone to become a key part of our team and perform a dual role of Business Analyst/Quality Assurance analyst. The Sr. Business Analyst/Quality Assurance Analyst role plays an important part in our company’s product development process as he/she will be responsible for gathering, documenting, and managing requirements and business processes, as well as conducting tests before product launches to ensure applications run smoothly and meets client needs.
The ideal candidate maintains a positive demeanor and is a team player with a desire to impact change. The candidate has strong analytical and technical skills along with demonstrated ability to not only get things done as an individual but to help lead projects in a customer-drive, fast-paced collaborative team environment.
- Developing, gathering, and documenting system requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback from conception to delivery
- Creating/documenting business process flows, system diagrams, and database diagrams using Microsoft Visio or equivalent
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Working collaboratively within the IT department and business units to estimate, prioritize, plan, and execute test cases based upon business requirements.
- Helping to identify bugs, recording and documenting thoroughly any bugs found and performing thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Work with key project stakeholders to analyze the feasibility of, and develop requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensure the system design fits the needs of the users.
- Work closely with local and remote developers, project managers, and operations team members on requirements, testing, and deployment activities
- Lead project and application planning activities including meetings, communications and documentation
- Identify business rules requirements
- Identify opportunities for improving business processes
Bachelor’s Degree in MIS or related field
Experience & Background
- 3 – 5 years of experience working in an IT environment with application development, requirement gathering, and analysis of data
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States permanently.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task effectively and independently within a fast-paced environment
- Solid understanding and experience in IT functional analysis, business process, use cases, functional design/architecture and functional specification documentation
- Demonstrated ability to follow up on issues independently and ensure they are resolved promptly, escalating when necessary
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to actively listen, interact with and lead users, development teams and other BAs to solutions
- Experience in running SQL or Queries in IBM AS400/iSeries is highly desirable
- Technically savvy – understands webservices, API, FTP, Integration tools and terminologies
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errorsFormal training in disciplines of Business Analysis and/or Project Management
- Strong MS Office Skills (Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Word)
- Microsoft Access and/or SQL experience strongly preferred
At Herc Rentals, our success depends on the success of our people. Our ability to provide exceptional service to our customers and maintain a leadership position in our industry is a result of the people we hire and develop. We are growing in dynamic new ways and we recognize that the right people, offering their ideas and expertise, will enable us to continue our success.
Herc Rentals provides an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical, dental, vision care, life insurance coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
Herc Rentals does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, political affiliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.