LOCAL HUMAN RESOURCES OPPORTUNITY TO SUPPORT LIFE-CHANGING WELLNESS!
Welcome to David Lawrence Center (DLC), where we restore and rebuild lives with the help of the industry's most skilled professionals.
Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLC is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services.
Celebrating 50 years of service to the region, DLC is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders.
Serving adults, children and families, this year, more than 277,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services will be provided.
Human Resources Coordinator [Position # 367]
With a strong focus on benefits and compliance, the Human Resources Coordinator provides guidance and support to all DLC Staff to ensure the efficient administration and management of HR responsibilities across all departments.
This is a unique roll that calls for a detail-oriented professional who also thrives on assisting others to be successful in their roles within the organization.
It is an opportunity to combine technical knowledge of benefits, compliance and best HR practice with a strong dedication to employee engagement, happiness and retention.
- Management of New Hire process
~ Conducting weekly Orientations for new Staff, Interns and Volunteers
~ Gathering/entering/tracking data in various systems
~ New Hire paperwork, creating employee files and completing I9's
~ Activating all New Hires in DLC systems
~ TB Test management, follow up and expiration tracking
~ Assisting IT & Training with New Hire access to needed DLC programs
~ Unit-based checklists and job description acknowledgments
~ Providing DLC shirts when appropriate plus managing this inventory
- Health Benefits
~ Managing Staff benefit enrollment and Allstate duties
~ Main contact for day-to-day benefit questions
~ Processing benefits invoices (reconciliation, review and payment)
~ Wellness rewards responsibilities via Cigna and updates to Principal
~ Coverage removal in a timely manner for resigned or terminated Staff
~ Managing financial wellness classes by working with local banks
- Managing all aspects of PTO administration
- Compliance Duties
~ Ensuring 100% compliance with all state and federal employment laws
~ Generating ad-hoc reports and thorough/random file audits
~ Preparing for formal audits from DCF, AHCA and Joint Commission
~ Providing 5-year DCF and 2-year NPDB reports to Recruiter/HR Generalist
~ Running reports to ensure all I9's, drivers licenses, names changes, etc. are up to date
~ OIG and FDR reporting plus EVerify management
- FMLA and Workers' Compensation
~ Main point of initial contact for all Staff
~ Proper documentation and correspondence for all outstanding cases
~ Detailed follow up and resolution when needed
~ Receive all Licenses and certificates from Recruiter/HR Generalist prior to hire
~ Updating credentials in system as well as running reports for upcoming expiration dates
- Employee Relations & Engagement
~ Assisting with Employee Recognition
~ Open door policy
~ Assistance with peer award nominations and terminations when needed
~ Participation on the SHINE Committee
~ Assisting with Suggestion Box management when needed
- Monitoring certain elements of DLC's DocuSign system
- Performance Evaluations
~ Generating reports of reviews due/overdue
~ Working with Supervisors to get information updated in system
- Corrective Actions (CAN's)
~ Assisting with presenting CAN's when needed
~ CAN entry, update and follow up
- Assistance with informational requests or policy updates as requested by Executive Team
- Additional duties as required from HR Director and Recruiter/HR Generalist
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field = Required
- 1 years of Human Resources/Health Benefits experience = Preferred
- Experience in Healthcare/Mental Healthcare industry = Preferred
- Strong technical knowledge in Office 365/Teams = Required
- e3 or related HRIS system experience = Preferred
- Professional, pleasant and patient communication style = Required
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, integrity and trust = Required
- Proven success in maintaining composure while in high-pressure situations = Required
- Unshakable ability to manage time, information and tasks in an efficient manner = Required
- Skills in task prioritization, meeting deadlines and conducting detailed follow-up = Required
- Dedication to the organization's mission, standards, procedures and protocol = Required
- Ability to both LEARN quickly and WORK quickly = Required
LOGISTICS & COMPENSATION:
- Full-Time/Non-Exempt position (Monday-Thursday 8AM-5PM, Friday 8AM-3PM)
- COMPREHENSIVE benefits outside of competitive salary include:
~ Exciting 401(k) w/ Employer Match
~ Employer Paid Life/AD&D
~ Generous PTO & Paid Holidays
~ Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
~ Diverse discounts with local businesses
~ DLC-sponsored Health & Wellness Initiatives
DLC is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLC's work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards life-changing wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, contact Recruiter/HR Generalist Beth Poulin via 239-354-1482 or BethP@DLCenters.org.