Strong computer skills including database software and general knowledge of e-mail/Outlook.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Associate’s degree from a four-year college or university; or three to four years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. One to two years of medical records experience preferred.
Communication skills of reading, writing, and speaking in English.
Math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages/fractions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Certificate of Accreditation in Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information
Technician (RHIT) preferred.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.) While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly
required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand
and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Driving to patient
homes during day and night hours is required.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.) The noise level in the work environment is usually
Compensation and Benefits:
This is only a summary of our employee benefits; it is subject to change.
- Medical insurance (PPO) with prescription drug co-pay or HDHP w/HSA
- Supplemental Benefits (hospital confinement, accident and/or cancer)
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and accidental death/dismemberment insurance (company paid)
- Long term care insurance (company paid)
- Retirement savings plan (TSA/403(b) matching program)
- Short and long term disability insurance (company paid)
- LegalShield (identity protection and more)
- Bereavement leave for family and pets
- Direct deposit
- Credit union availability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off
- Mileage reimbursement
- In-house continuing education opportunities
- Discounted membership at local area Fitness Center
- Tuition reimbursement
- Other employer-sponsored activities