Government Key Account Manager
This position is fully responsible and accountable for the results achieved by the assigned accounts. The incumbent is also responsible for driving the direction and strategy as directed by the Director of Government Sales. This position will be required to work very closely and collaborate with the Field Sales Organization, Operations (All levels), Pricing department and with Government Program Administrator.
- Manage and oversee existing portfolio of State Government contracts, National Association of State Procurement Officials (NASPO) purchasing cooperative and (2) large Government focused travel management company customer relationships across the US.
- Drive additional revenue and share growth with existing NASPO purchasing cooperative & state government contracts.
- Develop relationships and contractual business with new State government customers. Negotiate large multi-million dollar contracts with State Governments & Purchasing Cooperatives
- Initiate responses to customer RFP/RFQ that result in contract awards for Hertz. Minimum $1M contracts
- Act in a consultative sales role as a contract negotiator & contract manager capacity to ensure contract compliance to negotiated contract terms & conditions.
- Work with field sales & operations organizations to implement contract awards that lead to sales revenue and marketshare growth for the company.
- Existing contract sales revenue and marketshare growth;
- New Business contracts (State Government);
- Government Travel Agency revenue and marketshare growth; 2 Travel agency PVA’s
- Government Purchasing Cooperative sales and marketshare growth
- Contract Compliance (execute on negotiated terms and conditions)
Travel: Travel will occur frequently or as needed in the role. Otherwise working remote or local office setting
Professional Experience: Proven track record (minimum 5 years) in sales or sales related capacity ideally in support of Government customers. Knowledge of government procurement processes and/or Car Rental industry knowledge preferred. The individual’s experience should have maintained a top tier or high level of performance in roles increasing in scope or level of responsibility. The individual should be able to demonstrate proven revenue growth within a sales territory over an extended period of time and demonstrate the ability to work well in a team environment, as well as the ability to work with senior level contacts both internally and externally. The incumbent should have direct experience with negotiating agreements with high level contacts internally and externally.
- Knowledge & understanding of Government procurement procedures
- Knowledge of Passenger Travel Industry
- Contract Negotiation
- Contract Compliance
- Government RFP response (Legal/Compliance/Government Process)
- Self-motivated with strong drive to succeed
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Social, proven relationship builder
- Resourceful, mature, and ability to handle issues that arise
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong Presentation skills
- Planning, organizing, and time management
- Passionate about sales and meeting the client’s needs
- Computer Software skills
- Developed Critical Analysis
- Committed to consistently identify new opportunities within established partnerships
- Expert communicator (one-on-one and group)
- More Strategic than Tactical
- Demonstrated Leadership
- Strong understanding of Sales Process
- Socially Networked/Professionally Visible
- Never Complacent
Hertz is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
Hertz is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Hertz is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.