The General Manager has the highest level of authority within the store, and is responsible for the overall management of his/her store. The General Manager (GM) is the foremost decision-maker in regard to every aspect of the store’s operation, i.e., personnel, product procurement, merchandising and customer service. The General Manager position requires strong leadership skills to train, supervise and lead the Sales Associates and Supervisors.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in retail management.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills and sound judgment.
- Experience with various customer service techniques.
- Prior accounting, budgeting, scheduling, inventory control, loss prevention and merchandising responsibilities are essential.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field is preferred.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
Email: myHRSC@bedbath.comThis email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.