Director of Administrative Services
Director of Administrative Services
|ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION||As one of Florida's leading providers of home healthcare, we are proud of our reputation for providing a comprehensive approach to home care. In addition to our clinical expertise - our care is defined by our desire to understand and meet the unique needs of our patients, their family members, and physicians.|
Our team of nurses and therapists provide patients with the education, support and tools necessary to achieve the highest possible level of health and independence. Guided by the principle that quality home healthcare is more than the treatment of an illness or injury, our healthcare professionals work closely with physicians to develop care plans that address the unique healthcare and social needs of our patients. Aside from their experience and clinical training, our staff is selected for their desire to help others in a compassionate, dignified manner.
We value those we serve and will always remain committed to exceeding their expectations - each and every day.
Preferred Care Home Health Services is a Drug Free Workplace
|POSITION||Director of Administrative Services |
|POSITION REQUIREMENTS|| |
The Director of Administrator Services is a qualified person appointed by the Administrator with approval of the Governing Body to direct and coordinate the administrative activities of the Agency. The Director of Administrative Services will be a direct employee of the agency.
Responsibilities and Duties: (Note: Other Duties May Be Assigned)
- Supervises all personnel who are involved in the administration of care services for all locations of Preferred Care Home Health Services, to include, but not limited to, Billing Department, Intake Department, Scheduling Department, Inventory, Receptionist
- Participates in all activities relative to provision of professional services
- Ensures that all staff maintains a high level of professionalism
- Maintains and adheres to agency policy and procedure manuals
- Establishes administrative service policies and procedures in compliance with state health statutes and administrative rules to include CDC guidelines, OSHA guidelines for employee safety, universal precautions, and infection control procedures
- Recruits, employs, and evaluates personnel
- Coordinates scheduling of personnel to ensure optimum coverage at all times
- Informs staff about home health statutes and administrative rules
- Provides written materials pertaining to the same and interprets materials as necessary
- Directs installation of improved work methods and procedures to ensure achievement of objectives of the Agency
- Coordinates and integrates functional phases of total Agency activities
- Interprets and transmits policies of the Agency to the staff
- Participates in preparation of the annual budget
- Reports to the Administrator regarding changes that affect the Agency
- Participates in National State and Local association organizations and meetings as appropriate
- Maintains confidentiality of Employee, Patient, and Agency matters
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Administrator and/or CEO
- Ensures that all staff is adequately orientated to the Agency prior to patient contact
- Ensures that continued education is available and implemented for staff
- Ensures that the confidentiality of patient is maintained
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree in a business related field or equivalent level of experience
- Minimum 5 years of management experience, preferably in a related area
- Must possess good communication skills, both written and verbal in English. Ability to communicate in other foreign languages is desirable.
- Able to work under pressure and handle multi-task functions. Must be able to deal effectively with people. Must be self-motivated and resourceful.
- Physical demands for this position include an ability to be seated for extended periods of time and use computers/office equipment. Ability to lift light supplies and materials from time to time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment characteristics here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Well-lit and well-ventilated areas with some exposure to disagreeable conditions
- Able to work in a non-smoking environment
I certify that I have read, understood, and received a copy of this job description.
|EOE STATEMENT||We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. |
|EMPLOYMENT STATUS|| |
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.