This is an opportunity to join a strong Chapter team and work closely with the Development Manager and local leadership, regional teams and an outstanding group of volunteers to increase the reach and impact of the Chapter.
The Development Coordinator organizes, coordinates, implements and expands a variety of the Chapter’s programs and development activities that build and strengthen links to potential and existing volunteers and donors and that grow the Chapter’s revenue through corporate, individual, volunteer, and other community involvement.
• Supports and maintains the vision, mission, priorities, and guiding principles of JDRF. Understands the strategic direction and purpose of the organization and supports the Chapter’s fundraising strategies and business needs.
• Coordinates, evaluates and expands fundraising and non-fundraising programs under the direction of the One Walk Development Director with a dotted line to the Executive Director, and in collaboration with the resource team and volunteer leadership.
• Helps manage events and donor development activities for the Chapter. Helps develop annual plans for assigned activities, including goals, objectives and follow-up. Develops and delivers presentations, as required, and provides input and suggestions.
• Assists in the functioning of the Chapter’s daily operations, projects, and tasks.
• Oversees diverse administrative duties for the Chapter including providing administrative support for fundraising activities, which includes tracking and acknowledging donations, and preparing information needed for meetings, where applicable.
• Manages Chapter social media and marketing email system.
• Manages and maintains accurate and complete financial records. Submits reports to the chapter Development Director and others as assigned. Ensures that the logistics and budget/timelines are met for each assigned activity. Conducts a comprehensive evaluation to determine the success of each applicable assigned activity.
• Ensures accurate recording of information in database, file system, and/or records. Creates, updates, and revises as needed.
• Responds to and follows through on inquiries, needs, complaints and/or issues in a prompt and courteous manner. Accountable for meeting deadlines, responding to volunteers, Executive Director, Development Director and other department requests.
• Interfaces with and serves as a liaison for all levels of staff and volunteers. Maintains steady communication between team members and committee leaders.
• Maintains a good understanding of JDRF’s mission and research cure therapeutics.