Req #: 37403
Herc Rentals Inc. is a premier, full-service equipment rental firm – providing our customers the equipment, services and solutions they need to achieve optimal performance safely, efficiently and effectively. A pioneer of the equipment rental industry, Herc Rentals continues to evolve and grow through technological innovations, expanded product offerings and value-added services and consultative solutions to support its customers’ projects.
With more than 55 years of equipment rental expertise, approximately 5,100 employees and approximately 295 company-operated locations across North America, Herc Rentals serves a broad range of end markets, including construction; industrial operations, refineries and petrochemical operations; governmental entities and contractors; disaster recovery and remediation; infrastructure; railroad operations; utilities; film, television, live entertainment and special event production; agricultural operations; and facilities management..
Herc Customer Account Specialist is responsible for controlling a portfolio of accounts from time of billing until the receivable is cleared by means of daily customer contacts as well as performing various customer service functions for our customer base. This position reports to the Collection Supervisor, Finance Shared Services. Interactions with customer accounts will be a combination phone calls, emails and fax to obtain firm payments and payment plans on delinquent accounts while maintaining a good relationship with the customer and Internal business partners. In addition to cash collection, this position requires excellent customer service skills to help promote long-term business relationships with our customers, our Herc Sales Team and Regional Branch Managers in addressing sensitive issues. Effective Communication skills and the ability to discern accounts with cash flow issues are critical in obtaining account resolutions and to minimize revenue exposure. Collection procedures have been developed to provide a systematic way of dealing with delinquent accounts while also retaining our customer’s loyalty and driving successful business results.
- Proactively initiate B2B customer contacts, provide invoice copies, update POs, account documentation and other activities required to ensure payment on past due invoices.
- Process billing adjustments and customer discrepancies with a sense of urgency.
- Utilize appropriate judgment in releasing/holding orders, processing adjustment disputes, resolving unapplied payments and possible account suspension due to non-payment.
- Take proactive measures to escalate uncollectible accounts and bring material changes to department heads regarding financial position of customers.
- Maintain relationships with Internal and External customers to drive efficiencies in processes.
- Assist in projects, process improvements, and other collection related tasks as identified by management.
Bachelor - Business-related degree preferred, but not required with a minimum of 3-5 years in Accounts Receivable with a focus in Collections
Conditions of Employment
One-year Credit and B2B Collection experience
Previous customer service and professional telephone etiquette
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and think logically & constructively
- Creative Problem Solver
- Organizational and Time Management Skills
- Professional Verbal and Written Communication
- Proficient Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong sense of Urgency and Customer Focus
- ‘Interpersonal/People Skills’, in working with Colleagues and Customers
Our long-term strategy underscores the understanding that our success depends on the dedication and capability of our team members. We are focused on attracting, retaining and empowering talented and dedicated people to build the best team in the equipment rental industry. We also seek to build a team that reflects the variety of people, cultures and communities we interact with every day and to create an inclusive, productive environment in which all team members feel valued and respected.
Herc Rentals provides an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical, dental, vision care, life insurance coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
Herc does not discriminate in employment based on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, nationals origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, political affiliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.