Herc Rentals Inc. (NYSE: HRI) is an equipment rental firm committed to providing its customers with unparalleled service and expert solutions needed to take on the most demanding jobs.
With more than 50 years of equipment rental expertise, our growing team consists of more than 5,000 employees and 270 company-owned branches. Herc Rentals continues to evolve and grow through technological innovations, expanded product offerings, value-added services and consultative services that support its customers’ construction, industrial, remediation and maintenance projects.
We aspire to be the supplier, employer and investment of choice in our industry, with core values that promote a culture built on honesty, excellence, respect, and commitment.
Customer Account Team Lead ensures that the best collection effort is expended on customer accounts to maximize cash collections and minimize Days Sales Outstanding “DSO”. This position reports directly to the Collection Manager and primary focus is to manage accounts assigned and as well provide escalation support for the other members of your team. This role has delegated duties such as training and mentoring teams to meet/exceed departmental objectives. Solid B2B collections experience is needed as well as excellent customer service, negotiation skills and attention to detail are required to help promote long-term business relationships with our customers and Internal Business Partners.
- Assist Collection Manager in training and mentoring teams to drive efficiencies in processes.
- Solve delinquencies on more Complex Accounts involving high dollar volume and higher risk accounts.
- Proactively initiate escalated customer contacts to reduce open Accounts Receivable.
- Build and maintain relationships with Internal Sales Management Teams and External customers
- Provide support to team members to maintain awareness of target KPIs.
- Utilize appropriate judgment in processing adjustment disputes, resolving unapplied payments and possible account suspension due to non-payment.
- Take proactive measures to escalate uncollectible accounts and bring material changes to department heads regarding financial position of customers.
- Assist with on-boarding of new customer contracts and documentation of special handling accounts.
- Assist in projects, process improvements, and other collection related tasks as identified by management.
- Contract management
- Reporting maintenance
- 4+ years’ experience managing collection portfolios
- Proven leadership skills
- Team Leadership and Development
- Professional Telephone Etiquette
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong sense of Urgency and Customer Focus
- Skilled in both Verbal and Written Communication
- Organizational and Time Management Skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and think logically & constructively
- Creative Problem Solver
At Herc Rentals, our success depends on the success of our people. Our ability to provide exceptional service to our customers and maintain a leadership position in our industry is a result of the people we hire and develop. We are growing in dynamic new ways and we recognize that the right people, offering their ideas and expertise, will enable us to continue our success.
Herc Rentals provides an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical, dental, vision care, life insurance coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
Herc Rentals does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, political affiliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.