Job Title Coordinator, Retention Programs
The Coordinator, Retention Programs will assist with the design, development, oversight, implementation, documentation and assessment of FGCU’s retention programs.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in higher education administration, student affairs, or closely related field.
Two years of professional full-time experience in student affairs in a higher education setting.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Master’s degree from an accredited institution in higher education administration, student affairs, or closely related field.
Three years of professional full-time experience with program development.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of or ability to learn student information systems such as Banner.
Knowledge of FERPA Regulations for handling student records.
Knowledge of involvement theories and how they pertain to student success and persistence.
Knowledge of educational and student development objectives.
Knowledge and ability to advise or counsel a diverse student population.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
Ability to utilize data and information to make decisions and projections.
Ability to work collaboratively and build strategic relations with colleagues, coworkers, constituents, and volunteers.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
Ability to think critically and creatively, have a high standard of integrity, and be motivated to incorporate best practices into the organizational structure.
Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
Ability to operate personal computers with proficiency and learn new applications and systems.
Ability to develop and deliver training presentations and programs.
Ability to assess program needs and conceptualize new programs.
Ability to develop short and long term strategic plans.
Salary Range $38,500 - $41,500
Essential Job Duties
• Collaborates with the Director on the design, development, oversight, implementation, documentation and assessment of retention programs.
• Provides and coordinates retention based academic support services designed to increase retention and graduation rates of undergraduate students.
• Works collaboratively with administrators, faculty, staff, and students in the development, implementation and documentation of retention programs.
• Promotes the importance of student academic success through retention programming.
• Develops and implements evaluation tools to assess student retention.
• Coordinates events that promote retention.
• Gives presentations on campus and in the community regarding retention programs and activities.
• Supervises students coordinating and/or participating in retention programs.
• Collaborates with various offices across the campus to promote retention-focused partnerships and programs.
• Works collaboratively as a member of the Retention and Engagement team to carry out the retention-focused programming.
• Attends trainings and may travel throughout the work day to offsite locations.