Coordinator Operating Room Supply
The OR Supply Coordinator is responsible for Assuring all supplies equipment/materials are within contracts brings forth others to VAT (Value Analysis) before ordering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checks stock and requisitions supplies from Central Distribution.
- Develops par levels of stock based on usage and staff input. Informs Director when levels need adjustment.
- Collaborates with SPD managers with regard to new equipment / equipment out for repair and reports to nursing staff.
- Maintains and updates computer supply module.
- Maintains and updates vendor files.
- Requisitions all outside purchases with materials management department.
- Assists with periodic inventory of OR Supplies.
- Checks future schedule for implant requirements and arranges for delivery within appropriate OR guidelines.
- Restocks supplies in the department as needed, this is to include medication, IV fluids and biologicals with the exception of narcotics.
- Maintains the principles of confidentiality and HIPPA. Understands the legal/regulatory requirements related to the release of information. Able to use the information systems pertinent to the job.
Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Minimum of High School or GED required.
- Minimum of minimum of 2 years experience in medical setting ordering supplies, prefer in acute care setting.