GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
SAFETY SENSITIVE: Yes FINGERPRINTING REQUIRED: Yes
STARTING HOURLY RATE $15.00
This is a contract position governed by the terms and conditions of the employment agreement.
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO CURRENT CITY OF CAPE CORAL EMPLOYEES
AND THE PUBLIC IS WELCOME TO APPLY.
There are multiple positions available
****OFFERING FLEXIBLE SCHEDULING****
WORKING SHIFTS FROM 6:30 AM TO 6:00 PM, MONDAY TO FRIDAY
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Individuals assigned to this classification must report to work per their assigned schedule. Parks and Recreation staff must be willing to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays as assigned. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for the planning, organization, and initiation of all class programs and recreational activities; Overall supervision of and safety of participants, combined with implementation and adherence to lesson plans and City policies.
- Must have excellent behavior management skills and provide positive communication between parents and staff.
- Knowledge of report and record maintenance principles and techniques.
- Ability to give and receive instructions and apply consistent courtesy and tact in public contact and/or confrontational situations.
- Skill in written, verbal, electronic, and visual communications for effective expression and clarity.
- Skill in organization, prioritization, and time management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
MINIMUM STANDARDS REQUIRED:
- Attending or completion of high school or GED required.
- Experience working with children required, if assigned to Four Freedoms Park, and Rotary Park.
- Experience working with children preferred, if assigned to Youth Center and Before and After School Programs.
- If assigned to Special Populations Onsite Adult Day Training: minimum one (1) year direct care-related experience with individuals with intellectual disabilities preferred.
- CPR and First Aid certification required within ninety (90) days of hire.
- If assigned to Four Freedoms Park, Youth Center and Before and After School Programs: Children and Family Service (CFS) 40-hour training required within one (1) year of hire (must be registered within 90 days of hire or promotion).
- Tasks are performed inside and outside, subject to weather conditions and uneven terrain. The position involves light physical demands, such as exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Tasks may require prolonged periods of visual concentration and require moderate levels of eye/hand/foot coordination. Tasks may require prolonged periods of visual concentration or keyboard/mouse use.
- Requires the ability to speak, hear (perceive sound) and/or signal people to convey and exchange information; differentiate between colors or shades of color; read a variety of materials, at times complex; apply principles of rational problem-solving; record and deliver information, explain procedures, issue and follow oral and written instructions; and communicate effectively and efficiently in Standard English as primary language while performing job duties.