High school diploma or GED required
Specifically the Child Care Provider is responsible for the safety, nurturing and appropriate childcare of infants 8 weeks old through 5 years of age. The provider must exhibit a natural ability to interact well with parents and respect family values. This individual is to aid in providing an environment that allows for the normal course of development for stated age group. Above all, this position serves to exceed the expectations of patients and all other customers we serve.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Other duties may be assigned.
· Assists in planning and implementing the daily program under the direction of the Coordinator and Lead Child Care Provider.
· Documents appropriately individual daily activity information sheets.
· Provides comfort to children at age appropriate levels, creating an environment of love and trust.
· Is able to communicate appropriately, holding children as their first priority.
· Has knowledge of center policies, procedures and handbook and is able to communicate them to parents.
· Completes assignments in a reasonable amount of time.
· Responds quickly and appropriately to all safety and security issues, able to perform basic first aid.
· Initiates changes within the classroom or with the schedule through the appropriate channels
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Minimum of High School or GED required
· Minimum of 1 year of experience in early childhood (8wks to 5yrs old) child care
· Department of Children and Family Services required education (45 hour program)
· Must enroll and begin 45 hour training program within 90 days of employment and have completed the program within 1 year of employment
· Maintenance of yearly DCF requirements
· Basic Life Support (BLS Provider) and First Aid certifications from American Heart Assoc. required within 1yr.