Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at
About Discovery Senior Living
Discovery Senior Living ranks prominently among the 9 largest senior housing providers in the US, and is nationally renowned for designing, developing, marketing, and operating a multi-brand portfolio of upscale, luxury senior-living communities.
With a 30-year reputation and almost 14,000 existing homes or homes under development, our company is a recognized industry leader with a penchant for excellence and innovation.
Discovery Senior Living adding an Assistant Controller to their home office team in Bonita Springs, FL.
This position will assist the Controller in the day to day management of the Accounting Department.
- Assist Controller in reviewing of Regional Controller work, including balance sheet reconciliations and Income Statements
- Coordinate audit requests
- Perform analysis as required by capital partners
- Assist Regional Controllers and Staff Accountants as needed
- Work with Controller in overseeing accounting of corporate entities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Eight years’ experience preferred, with supervisory experience
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting
- Understanding of SOX requirements
- Great Plains experience preferred
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Discovery also offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Eligible team members are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off and paid holidays. Team members are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401(k) plan with company match our Employee Assistance Program and accident insurance policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese