Essential Job Accountabilities:
The Administrative Associate is responsible for the positive interaction with Wellness members and staff on a daily basis. This position has direct impact on the public relations of the wellness centers as well as memberships, financial transactions, and management of front desk activities, which will directly affect the customer service provided at the wellness centers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create new member accounts and update existing member accounts in online membership platform. Process applicable membership paperwork including hold forms, consent forms, electronic funds transfer forms, health history questionnaires and reactivations. Complete the member application process including collection of fees.
- Promote and sell memberships to potential new members. Sell reactivations to current members. Sell additional services to members including day passes, massage, pilates and personal training as well as merchandise. Provide facility tours to prospective members.
- Accurately and efficiently navigate an online membership platform and comfortably troubleshoot minor technical issues.
- The ability to listen to and ensure a prompt and professional response to member needs, concerns, suggestions and complaints.
- Research inactive accounts and collect delinquent membership dues.
- Fosters loyalty and commitment to the department and the organization.
- Investigate and resolve membership account problems.
- Monitor facility entrance to ensure that all individuals comply with the appropriate check in procedures.
- Provide excellent customer service by acknowledging members upon entry and exit. Greet visitors in professional, courteous manner to create a welcoming atmosphere.
- Handle all Massage services including booking appointments, confirming appointments, processing payments, check-in clients upon arrival and matching all payment receipts to appointment bookings.
- Schedule all massage appointments, wellness orientation appointments, Pilate’s reformer appointments, fitness testing appointments and make reminder calls when applicable. Contacts appropriate staff upon member/guest arrival.
- Operate office equipment such as fax machines, scanners, copiers, and phone systems, and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications.
- Monitor marketing material and paperwork supplies and place orders with the internal print shop as needed.
- Assists Director and Manager with quality improvement initiatives. Assists department with implementation, coordination and completion of special projects. Assist with training of new staff.
- Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material.
- Reconciles point of sale at the end of each shift.
- Demonstrate and foster loyalty and commitment to the department and the organization.
- Assist with locker room issues such as opening locked lockers, etiquette enforcement, refilling supplies and placing work orders.
- Answer telephones and provide information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma required, Associates Degree preferred.
- Two years customer service experience in a high-paced, challenging environment highly desired, one year required.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Ability to maintain professionalism while interacting with difficult members and situations.
- Ability to anticipate needs and proactively offer solutions.
- Demonstrate effective professional communication and excellent customer service skills based on positive attitude and values.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and organize details in an extremely fast-paced environment with high-volume pedestrian traffic.