High school diploma or GED required
The Accounts Payable Representative, under direct supervision of the Accounts Payable Supervisor, processes NCH Healthcare system invoices for payment. The Accounts Payable Representative also prepares journal entries as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Other duties may be assigned.
- Accurately prepares and enters invoices into the A/P system
- Meets goals set by a/p supervisor for the number of invoices that should be processed on a monthly basis.
- Submits accrual worksheets to the Accounts Payable Supervisor by designated date in order to meet month end close deadline.
- Makes sure discount vendors are setup in the accounts payable system and that invoices are processed timely in order to take advantage of the discount terms.
- Maintains current and clean vendor statements. No items over 60 days unless documented as to why/resolution steps.
- Does not have excessive voided checks in a month. Report run by Accounts Payable Supervisor to determine normal/average activity.
- Maintains correspondence with purchasing department regarding open invoices and vendor issues. Meets with them on a monthly basis to work through problem items.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS -
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in accounting.