Herc Rentals Inc. (NYSE: HRI) is an equipment rental firm committed to providing its customers with unparalleled service and expert solutions needed to take on the most demanding jobs.
With more than 50 years of equipment rental expertise, our growing team consists of more than 5,000 employees and 270 company-owned branches. Herc Rentals continues to evolve and grow through technological innovations, expanded product offerings, value-added services and consultative services that support its customers’ construction, industrial, remediation and maintenance projects.
We aspire to be the supplier, employer and investment of choice in our industry, with core values that promote a culture built on honesty, excellence, respect, and commitment.
Opportunity to develop your Accounting skills by supporting the Herc Rentals Accounting team as we work to establish best practices and improve our internal control environment. Participate in the accounting close cycle by assisting in the preparation of accruals, process refinement, control documentation, system implementations, and other important accounting tasks.
- Learn about the company’s accounting cycle, including Balance Sheet account reconciliations, various journal entries, internal controls, flux analysis.
- Prepares monthly journal entries
- Prepares internal and external reports by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments/other systems
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Understands and maintains Sarbanes Oxley Compliance
- Understands finance systems and reporting requirements
- Project work as assigned
Bachelor's degree preferred in Accounting
Conditions of Employment
Currently enrolled in an Accounting Major – junior, senior or pursuing Master’s Degree
At Herc Rentals, our success depends on the success of our people. Our ability to provide exceptional service to our customers and maintain a leadership position in our industry is a result of the people we hire and develop. We are growing in dynamic new ways and we recognize that the right people, offering their ideas and expertise, will enable us to continue our success.
Herc Rentals provides an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical, dental, vision care, life insurance coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
Herc Rentals does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, political affiliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.