Substitute Disability Services Trainer/Classroom Assistant
Naples, FL 34113
Who we are:
Easter Seals Florida provides services daily that make a profound, positive difference in the lives of people living with disabilities and their families. We believe in the potential of each individual's ability to live, work, learn and play in their own communities.
What we're looking for:
Easterseals Florida is looking for a Substitute Disability Services Trainer/Classroom Assistant who can help plan and implement creative and innovative lesson plans and activities to enhance the learning environment for the students in our Naples Academy and the participants in our Naples Adult Day Training (ADT) program. The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working with middle/high school students (ages 11 - 22) and adults (ages 18 and up) with autism and/or developmental disabilities.
The Substitute Disability Services Trainer/Classroom Assistant will in when our Teachers or the ADT Instructor are out due to vacation or unexpected absence. You may know ahead of time when you are needed, or you may be called at a moment's notice. The hours for substitute will vary, so this position is ideal for individuals currently with other part-time positions, college students, or those wanting to work on a limited basis.
Benefits of joining the Easterseals Florida team:
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of adults with disabilities
- Working with our dedicated team of professionals
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
What you'll be doing:
- Assist in developing lesson plans based on state requirement and the specific needs of each student
- Collaborate with the Teachers and ADT Instructor to monitor the development and progress of each student/participant
- Understand routine of the Teacher and Instructor when it comes to delivering lesson plans and running the activities in the event of absence in order to maintain a structured daily schedule.
- Work directly with the students/participants to promote their learning, understanding and development
- Communicate with the parents/families/caseworkers and keep them informed about the student's/participant's development and any changes
- Ensure classroom ABA and therapy interventions are implemented and accurate data is collected, maintained and submitted
- Assist in maintaining required and developmentally appropriate materials and equipment in each classroom and notify supervisor of items that need to be replenished, repaired, or replaced.
- Assist with general classroom housekeeping duties, including: preparing snacks, meals, toileting and hygiene and general clean up
What we value:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED with at least one year of experience or employment providing care or working with individuals with autism or related developmental disabilities
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Ability to meet our approved driver qualifications in order to drive our vehicles, or in some cases your personal vehicle, as required to drive for program related business
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed to meet the needs of the program
- An energetic creative and professional individual who will portray and promote a positive, respectful, and team-based environment
Easterseals Florida is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates are subject to all required background checks & drug testing procedures in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act.